Pages

Deuteronomy 6:5 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An Opportunity

Coming out of high school, I was a fairly decent football player with dreams of signing a scholarship to play football at the next level. However, as the recruiting process played along the phone seemed to ring less and less until eventually nothing was happening. Signing day came and went and my dream seemed to be swiftly fading away. Until one day I was invited to walk on day at APSU and was asked to become a preferred walk on. I was stoked, God had provided me with an opportunity to live out my dream, I got to play college football. Despite my 5' 8" frame, I was living my dream, doing what no one else thought that I would be able to do.

God himself provides us with an opportunity here on earth, the opportunity to be forgiven, the opportunity to be with him in Heaven. Romans 3:23 says "We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God," and the great thing is he provides the same opportunity for all of us to be forgiven because he died on the cross for us all. 1 John 2:2 says "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." He died personally for me, for you, and everybody in the whole world. He provided us with an opportunity to have a relationship with himself, with God. The only way to take advantage of this opportunity is to know Jesus John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me."

Have you taken advantage of the opportunity that God has set before you? Have you taken up your cross and followed him?

I did one February night at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium at YEC conference. Clayton King was speaking, and it felt as if God was speaking directly to me. That night I accepted Jesus as my savior and Lord, I took advantage of the opportunity that he had put before me. In front of a packed crowd I stood up and proclaimed Jesus Is Lord! That night my life forever changed! I am by no means perfect, and never will be. But through  the blood of Jesus I daily live in his grace, power and strength! Since I have accepted him, I have done things that only one can do with the love, support, and grace of a savior! I am living the dream that God has for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment