Pages

Deuteronomy 6:5 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm Forgiven


In this life
I know what I've been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

I'm forgiven
I'm forgiven
And I don't have to carry
The weight of who I've been
Cause I'm forgiven

 Sanctus Real's song "I'm Forgiven," really speaks truth into my life. I have done things that I am most definitely not proud of, made decisions that contradict what I truly believe in my heart. I have been the most disobedient follower of Jesus Christ there ever was. But you know what? I'm Forgiven!!! Colossians 2: 13-14 states "And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumsision of your flesh, He has made you alive together with Him, having forgiven all your trespasses, having wiped our the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And he has taken it our the way, having nailed it to the cross." Jesus has forgiven me of all of my trespasses, why? Becuase He loves me with a love to goes beyond anything we can ever know or comprehend on this earth. Because He nailed them to the cross as he was hanging there, with my sins being the nails. He died on the cross to heal me, the sinner, the sick, the most evil of evil.

I blamed myself for something, and it really had a stronghold on my life. Like the song says "In this life I know what I've been. I knew that what I had done was totally wrong, I did not forgive myself because for some reason I did not believe that God had forgiven me. I lived life in the lowest of valleys, in constant bondage, sorrow, and hatred. However, I felt the forgiveness of God in this situation. He said Josh, you don't have to carry the weight of who you have been brother, I forgive you. How awesome is this? Totally awesome... Crazy Love!!!
Regardless to who you are, what you have done, or how awful you feel you have been God loves you. He wants to forgive you, he died on the cross for you and your sins. Isiah 53:5 says "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." He died to heal us, to forgive us. Let go of what's holding you back, know you have a Savior who wants to and is willing to forgive you. Cling to the words in the song "But here in your arms I know what I am..... I'm Forgiven... I'm Forgiven!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment