Pages

Deuteronomy 6:5 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

Saturday, February 18, 2012

No Misunderstanding here...


Recently my friends and I had a misunderstanding about the timing of events on a particular evening. Long story short some people misunderstood what I had said and ultimately I missed out on the events of the evening. Slightly upset and extremely let down I began to wonder what had happened? How did my words get misunderstood? In was all just one big misunderstanding...

One of the great things about our God is that he gave us his Word, The Bible. And in His Word, there is absolutely no misunderstanding at all. I love the lyrics of the song "The B-I-B-L-E."

 It is the truth, it is my life, and it's my way
It is how God speaks to me.

 The Word is exactly how God speaks to us, it is His love letter to us. And again, there are definitely no misunderstandings in his perfect, inspired, Holy Word. Psalms 119:105 states "Thy Word is a lamp to my feet, And a light to my path." The word of God is clear, it lights your feet and your path. Light makes things make clear, obvious, and easy to see. The Word of God is to light our way. The word of God is also perfectly complete Deuteronomy 4:2 "You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." The Word of God is totally complete, nothing needs to be added or subtracted from it. It in we can find advice for every situation and season in life. Again, leaving no room for any misunderstanding. The word of God is also all knowing and powerful Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is the discerner of the thoughts and the intents of the heart." The Word of God is alive and has great power. It pierces our soul and spirit, it looks at our thoughts and place of our heart.

I believe that if we take the time to carefully read the Word of God, and apply it to our lives there will be no misunderstanding. The Word is a lamp, its complete, and has power. It holds all of the answers to our problems and clear straightforward ways we are to live and conduct ourselves as believers. There are absolutely no misunderstandings in the Word of God. We must simply pick up The Bible, read, and apply what we read to our lives. No Misunderstandings...

No comments:

Post a Comment