Pages

Deuteronomy 6:5 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Cross I'll Carry

Many teams and players carry around particular items that have symbolic meaning to them, or inspire them to play for a greater cause. Some players carry around lucky coins, a particular picture, or their lucky socks. Many teams carry around sledge hammers, a chain, or coins that remind them that they are playing for something that is bigger then themselves. These items are a constant reminder that the individual player is a part of something that is much bigger than themselves. It is a reminder that they have to do their part, that they have to buy into the team, into the game in order to be successful.



Matthew 16: 24 says " Then Jesus said to His disciples "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."  We are called to pick up our cross and follow Jesus. What does it mean to take up our cross? I believe that taking up our cross and following Jesus is dying to ourselves, our desires, and our sins. It is symbolically placing ourselves on the cross just as Jesus did. This serves as a reminder of what the Lord Jesus did for us, it reminds us that we are living for a much, much deeper cause.

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." We take up our cross because it is a symbol of our dying to ourselves. It reminds us that we are no longer ourselves, but the living image of Christ living through us. It reminds us that God loves us and died for us, it reminds us of the greater cause and purpose of our lives.

My Cross I'll Carry til I see Jesus
My Cross I'll Carry til I see Jesus
My Cross I'll Carry til I see Jesus
No Turning Back....
No Turning Back....

No comments:

Post a Comment