Pages

Deuteronomy 6:5 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

Monday, June 4, 2012

Certainty Amidst the Uncertain


There are times in life when we are uncertain about actions, thoughts, or decisions. If we are to be totally honest each and every day we face a multitude of things that we are uncertain about. For instance, many times we are indecisive and uncertain about whether the clothes we are wearing look good, whether or not we are driving on the right roads, did we do the right thing, is the answer A,B,C,or D, am I where God wants me to be. In my life I have been uncertain about my salvation, where I should go to school, what is my purpose in life. My current life is not without uncertainty and confusion as I am uncertain about what God wants me to do with my life, about the choices that I am to make, and about certain relationships. However, amidst all of the confusion and chaos there is a God who rises above and beyond all of the confusion and chaos.

In the middle of all of the confusion and uncertainty in my life God has been telling me I am here, I will take care of you, it’s not for you to understand it’s just for you to follow Me. I will guide you through this. Many times we are uncertain about things because we are scared about the outcome, we see that it might not be safe, we do not understand it. In Proverbs 3:5-6 the Word states “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." We have a Lord who says trust in Me, and I will direct you paths. Do not lean on your understanding, because our understanding is temporary. It only sees what we know, see, and feel. Whereas God's understanding reaches from the beginning of time to the ending of time. His understanding encompasses the will that He has for our lives Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Even in the confusion and uncertainty that fills our lives we have a God who is absolutely certain about where we are headed. The storms, indecision, and restlessness are there for a reason. To draw us closer to Him.
Psalms 18:28-33
"For you will Light my lamp;
The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
For by You I can run against a troop,
By my God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in HIm.
For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
He makes my feel like the feet of deer,
And sete me on high places."
.
The Lord will light up the uncertainty, the darkness in our lives. If we trust Him and are in Him He gives us the strength to do the things that he has called us to do, no matter how uncertain it may seem to us. The way that the Lord has for us is perfect. Although everything around you may seem like it is uncertain, trust in the Lord and his perfect way because well... It’s perfect. He protects us from all things with His shield and nothing will overcome HIs shield because he is the creator of all. He is God, He is our Rock. The Lord will provide us with the strength to pull us out of our confusion and uncertainties and guide us down his perfect path. After all, where God guides he always provides.
If you are living amidst confusion and uncertainty in your life Trust in the Lord. Do not lean on your own understanding, lean on the everlasting arms of Christ. He has you there for a reason, a reason that we cannot see the majority of the time. Trust in His path, His way because it is without flaw. It is perfect in ways that we will never know or understand. When all else is uncertain we can find certainty in Christ Jesus. Our God, Our Rock, Our Creator, The One Who Guides us down His perfect path

Psalms 18: 30-31
"He is a shield to all who trust in HIm.
For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these Josh. You have no idea how inspiring these are. You have no idea how much I really needed to hear this one tonight!

    ReplyDelete